I am always drawn to recipes where there are 2 items in one pan…less dishes later! This Pork Chop Potato Casserole recipe comes from Gooseberry Patch’s New Cookbook, I found it on my friend, Brandie’s (aka The Country Cook) site and knew I HAD to make it……..
It’s a keeper!
- 8 whole Boneless Pork Chops, Seasoned As You Wish
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 can 10 Oz. Cream Of Celery Soup
- ½ cups Milk
- 32 ounces, weight Hash browns, Thawed
- Salt, Pepper And Garlic Powder, To Taste
- 1 can French Fried Onions
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
Preheat oven to 375*. Season both sides of pork chops with salt, pepper, whatever you like. In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in hot oil. Set aside. (They will not be cooked all the way and that’s ok, it’s headed to the oven next.)
In a large bowl, combine sour cream, cream of celery soup and milk. Stir in hash browns, salt, pepper and garlic powder, then half of the French fried onions. Spread hash brown mixture in an un-greased 9×13 baking dish and sprinkle with cheese. Top with seared pork chops, arranging so that none are over top another. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Add remaining French Fried onions and bake 5 minutes more.
Steam some green beans while this bakes and you have your whole meal just like that! Easy and delicious!
* Do not use too thin of boneless pork chops for this, they will dry out. Bone in would also be a good option.
This post shared at: