My Aunt Gena introduced us to these KILLER sandwiches last summer, which she learned from her oh-so clever, East Coast daughter in law, Karena. Supper time was rapidly approaching, and I knew I wanted to do something with basil…this was the OBVIOUS winner!
It’s like Summer in a Sammich people. Seriously.
How do you like my oh-so technical term: “Sammich”?
It is defined in the urban dictionary as:
1. slang for sandwich, used in the case of an extremely good sandwich
Yup, this is a Sammich alright. YUMMO.
(click for printable)
- 8 pieces Whole Wheat Bread
- 6 Tablespoons Butter (soft)
- 4 slices Of A Real Mozzarella Cheese Ball
- 12 whole Basil Leaves
- 1 whole Large Tomato, We Like Big Beef From The Garden
- Kosher salt
Spread 8 pieces out on a baking sheet. Butter 4 of the 8 pieces of bread. Slice Mozzarella cheese and lay on the 4 non butter pieces of bread. Broil for 1-2 minutes, watching closely.
Pull from oven, add a thick slice of tomato, salt to taste, and add a single layer of basil leaves to each sandwich.
Congratulations, Summer has officially just arrived in your mouth.
This post shared with :