I have to give credit to TWO of my blogging buddies for this delicious supper! I knew these recipes were a match made in Heaven. I tweaked them to fit our taste buds and viola, a new Asian dish for you to enjoy!
- FOR THE CHICKEN MARINADE:
- * * * * * *
- 5 pounds Boneless Chicken Thighs
- ¾ cups Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Ginger, Grated
- 5 cloves Garlic, Pressed
- For The Lo Mein:
- * * * * * *
- 8 ounces, weight Whole Wheat Spaghetti
- 4 Tablespoons Oil: 3 Olive & 1 Sesame
- ½ pounds Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 whole Carrot, Sliced Or Shredded
- ¼ cups Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Teryaki Sauce
- ½ Tablespoons Sugar
- ¼ teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper (less If You Don’t Like Heat)
- 3 whole Green Onions, Sliced
For chicken marinade:
Mix together all ingredients and pour over chicken in an air tight container. Turn every 12 hours.
BBQ on medium high for 20 minutes, turning half way. Keep warm until serving time.
For the Quick Lo Mein:
Prepare spaghetti, rinse and keep warm.
In a large skillet, heat 3 T. olive oil and 1 T. sesame oil. Carefully add sliced mushrooms, green onions and carrots, sauteing until they are tender crisp.
Place spaghetti in a large bowl, coat in soy sauce, teryaki, sugar and red pepper flakes. Toss gently. Serve chicken over a bed of low mein.