Say that title 10 times fast!
Your mouth will be too full of creamy, tomato-ey, delicious goodness.
Didn’t your Momma teach you to never talk with your mouth full?!?!?!
This recipe was featured on Tasty Kitchen over the weekend, yay, and I know you are gonna love it too!
adapted from this recipe of my friend, Lark.
- ½ whole Onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Green Onions, Optional
- 5 cloves Garlic, Pressed
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 16 ounces, weight Sliced Mushrooms
- 1-½ pound Kielbasa Sausage, Sliced
- 24 ounces, weight Classico Spicy Tomato Basil Spaghetti Sauce (no Worries, It’s Not Spicy!)
- 2 cans Tomato Sauce, 15 Oz. Each
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- Cracked Pepper To Taste
- 4 whole Fresh Basil Leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig Rosemary, Snipped
- 1 pint Heavy Cream
- 4 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- ½ cups Cold Water
- 1 box Whole Wheat Linguini Pasta Noodles
In a large pot, melt butter. Add white onion, mushrooms and pressed garlic.
Add in the sliced sausage and cook until browned. Stir in green onions if using (I have excess in my garden right now, so I put g.onions in everything!)
Stir in salt, seasonings and sauces. Slice basil in thin strips and stir in. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Blend cold water and corn starch, then slowly stir into tomato sauce. Continue to stir as it heats and thickens. (about 20 minutes)
Cook pasta, rinse and drain while you wait.
Whisk in the heavy cream, turn burner to medium-low heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Ladle over noodles when ready to serve.
Dig in~ this is truly a delicious dish! I’d say company worthy even!