I am slow getting around this morning. I am still recovering from a bout of the ol’ Flu bug going around my house. Everyone but Destiny and Paxton took their turn with it. Yuck!
Nothing sounded good but comfort food, like Mom’s Chicken and Rice soup, which I will share later, and this:
Almost Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup.
This soup uses homemade shortcuts……..the end result? Chicken Noodle Soup like Grandma’s, but made in a third of the time! Which is super important when you can barely stand to make it.
(Click the title below to be taken to a website where you can print it.)
ALMOST HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- 1 jar Joyce’s Homestyle Canned Chicken
- 1 bag Homemade Skinny Noodles From Your Local Bulk Food Store
- 3 cartons Chicken Broth, Or Less Per Your Preference
- 2 Tablespoons Celery Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Minced Onion
- 6 whole Baby Carrots, Finely Chopped
- 4-6 garlic cloves pressed (Use fresh! Its so good for the immune system)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Pinch Of Parsley
- Dash Of Basil
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
Melt butter in large stock pot. Add chopped baby carrots, onion and minced garlic. Sautee until soft. Add 2-3 cartons of chicken broth based on your personal preferences. Dump in can of chicken with juices. Next, add dried parsley, salt, pepper, and basil if desired. Bring to a boil. Add in your noodles. (Again, the amount depends on how brothy or noodley you like your chicken noodle soup to be.)
Simmer until noodles are soft.
This soup tastes so good! You won’t believe what a difference homemade noodles make!!!!!
The non-sickies in our family ate their Chicken Noodle soup with crackers, meat and cheese and Bread & Butter Pickles. YUM, comfort food at it’s finest!