This week I start my Holiday Baking. Here is the list of appetizer and dessert recipes we are trying this year: (IF all goes as planned) 🙂
- Toffee Bars
- Rolo Candied pretzels
- Puppy Chow Cookies (tastes like Puppy Chow but in cookie form)
- Caramel Candy Bars
- Can’t Leave Alone Bars
- Triple Layer Italian Creme Cake (I’m a bit nervous about this one!)
- Pecan Pie Cake (already posted on this blog)
- Peppermint Truffle Bars
- Spiced Crackers
- Fiesta Cheese Torte (a formed, layered dip)
- Mexican Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Chili Cheesecake (A savory cheesecake made with a Dorito crust, served with chips)
If they are a success, I will be posting pics and sharing the recipes in the weeks to come.
Unfortunately, whether they are considered a success or not, they are being taken to various Christmas get- togethers, or some, are to be given as gifts, to friends, family and teachers. The kids will be involved in the baking and making whenever possible. They will LOVE it! And I am sure, will fight over who gets to wear the ONE kid-sized chefs hat and matching apron we own. Gotta love it! 🙂
Here are the plates, gift tags and tulle I got for 50% off at Hobby Lobby. I will put a few dozen choice goodies on them, and tie ’em up pretty!
Should be fun! (famous last words, right?!)
Get that Christmas music blastin’ and Happy Baking!