These cookies are gooey and chewy in all the right places! YUM! I just had one for breakfast, cause Oatmeal is a breakfast food, right?! (Don’t judge me.)
(click title to go to Tasty Kitchen’s website for a printable version)
- 1 cup Butter, Softened
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 whole Eggs
- ½ cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Oats (quick Cook Or Rolled)
- 1-¾ cup Flour
- ½ cups Baking Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- 2 Tablespoons Baking Cocoa
- ¾ cups Water
- ½ cups Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, cream and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients: gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Drop by tablespoons onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350* for 10 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, cocoa and water until smooth. Stir in sugar and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla. Cool and spread on bottom of half the cookies, top with remaining cookies.
3. Store in an airtight container until serving. Refrigerate if necessary.
Makes at least 2 dozen cookies.
This recipe linked up to Lark’s Country Heart Made it on Monday.