Thanks for coming to post #2 for the day. I have to admit, I totally cracked myself up when I was drawing those pictures of me in the garage for the “Scared Silly” post. I’m easily amused I guess. Anyhow, now that you are done reading , it’s time for a recipe!
Then I make this…..
One of Dale’s favorites!
(Click here to be taken to Tasty Kitchen to print)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 stalks Celery
- 1 whole Medium Pepper, Chopped (any Color)
- 2 cloves Garlic, Pressed
- 1 whole Onion, Chopped
- 1-½ pound Smoked Sausage, Sliced And Halved
- ½ cups Tomato Sauce Plus 2 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Parsley Flakes
- 1 whole Bay Leaf
- Dash Of Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 2 cans (15 Oz. Can) Kidney Beans, Rinsed And Drained (I soak dried beans overnight, if I have time then cook the next day!!!!)
- 1 cup Basamati Brown Rice, Prepared According To Package Directions
- 1 box (12 Oz.) Zatarain’s Red Beans And Rice, Cooked According To Package
1. Prepare both the brown rice and Zatarain’s Beans and Rice according to package directions. Set aside.
2. In a large Family Skillet, heat the olive oil. Add celery, pepper, garlic, onion and smoked sausage. Cook over medium heat, about 10 minutes, or until sausage is somewhat browned.
3. Add the tomato sauce, water and seasonings. Bring to a slow boil, add the drained and rinsed beans and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
4. Add your already cooked rice to your skillet and stir. Keep warm until serving.
Easy & delicious!
Updated photo 1-21-2014
This post linked to: