I am all about leftovers and when I found two different recipes both needing a roast, I decided to Cook Once, Eat Twice and share with you guys! Let me tell ya, this is not your momma’s Carrots and Potatoes Pot Roast dinner!
(click title to print)
- 1 whole Small Green Pepper, Julienned
- 1 whole Small Red Pepper, Julienned
- 1-¾ cup Fresh Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 whole Small Onion, Halved And Sliced
- 4 whole Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 whole Pizza Crust, Brushed With Olive Oil, Seasoned With Garlic Salt, And Baked According To Package Directions
- 8 ounces, weight Container Spreadable Plain Cream Cheese
- 1 jar Pizza Sauce, 14 Ounce (I only used half the jar)
- 2 cups Shredded Provolone, Divided Use
- 1 cup Shredded Colby-jack Cheese
- ½ cups Pickled Banana Pepper Rings
- ¼ cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ teaspoons Oregano
- 1 can Beef Broth (14 Ounce Can)
- 1 whole 2.5 pound Pot Roast, Divided
Slow cook pot roast with salt, pepper and beef broth 8-10 hours on low. Shred.
Take 1 1/2 cups meat, drained, from the crock pot, putting the rest away for tomorrow’s dinner, Texas Cowboy Pie.
In a large skillet, saute the peppers, mushrooms, onions and garlic in 1 teaspoon of oil until tender.
Season pizza crust with garlic salt to taste. Bake according to package directions. My favorite pizza crust is the recipe on the back of the Fleishman’s Pizza Yeast packet. We do a big Pampered Chef bar pan size pizza, but circle would be great too.
Once crust is seasoned and baked, spread crust with a thin layer of cream cheese, then pizza sauce. Sprinkle with 1 cup provolone cheese.
Top with pepper mixture, shredded beef, pepper rings, and remaining provolone cheese and Colby jack shreds.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and oregano.
Bake for 10-12 minutes at 450F.
Enjoy your delicious dinner!
Now, with your leftover pot roast you can make another meal:
- 3 whole Large Potatoes, Cooked And Mashed
- Milk, Sour Cream, Butter, To Taste, For Mashed Potatoes
- 4 Tablespoons Of Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
- Leftover Pot Roast
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
Peel and cube potatoes in uniform sized cubes. Cover potatoes in water and boil, uncovered, until soft. Drain liquid, reserving one cup of the liquid. Mash potatoes until no lumps are left, adding potato liquid as necessary to reach your desired consistency. Stir in sour cream, butter and/or milk as well as salt and pepper, to taste. Spread warm potatoes in the bottom of an 9×9 pan.
Mix BBQ sauce with leftover shredded beef roast and layer on top of potatoes. Top with cheese and bake for 15 minutes at 350F.
This is a delicious way to use leftover pot roast!
There you have it! Cook once, Eat twice…gotta love it! 🙂
Hope you enjoy both of these recipes like we did….