Be sure to check out Post 1 for today: Old Timey Photos.
This is a family favorite! And it’s SO easy, just make some rice, open a few cans and dump! Creamy, hearty and delicious!
Wild Rice & Potato Soup
- 1 box (6 Oz) Uncle Bens Long Grain Rice, Cooked According To Package
- 1 package (5.4 Oz) Lipton’s Mushroom Rice, Cooked According To Packet
- 1 cup Diced Onion
- 2 cups Diced Celery
- 2 packages (3 Oz Each) Real Bacon Pieces
- 2 cans (8 Oz. Can) Mushroom Pieces And Juices
- 2 cans (10.75 Oz. Can) Cream Of Potato Soup
- 1 can (10.75 Oz. Can) Cream Of Celery
- 1 can (10.75 Oz. Can) Cream Of Mushroom
- 2 cans (10.75 Oz. Can) Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese
- 1 quart Half-and-half
Cook rice according to directions on the packages; set aside. Sautee onions and celery in the bottom of a large pot (8-quart pot) over medium heat. Add all remaining ingredients (including the cooked rice) to the pot except the half-and-half. Heat through. Remove from heat and add half-and-half. Then place back on the stovetop over medium-low heat and warm until serving. Don’t boil or this soup will curdle. Makes a nice BIG batch!
Tastes best with a loaf of crusty French bread with an herb and garlic butter.
This post shared with: