Oh man, did we ever love this dinner! I think you will too, as it comes together easily and tastes great!
Pizza goes South of the Border in this……
Taco Cornbread Pizza
- 8-½ ounces, weight Corn Muffin Mix (I did a batch of Nana’s Perfect Cornbread instead, and made 2 cornbread crusts)
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 package Taco Seasoning, 1 Ounce Packet
- 2 cups Mexican Cheese
- 1 jar Taco Bell Taco Sauce (I Used Medium), 8 Ounce Bottle
- 2 cups Lettuce Shreds
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes
- Sour Cream, Optional Garnish
- Green Goddess Salad Dressing, Optional For Drizzling On Top.
1. Prepare corn muffin mix as directed on package. Spread batter into greased 12 inch pizza pan (I used my Pampered Chef circle baker). Bake at 400F for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Brown meat, drain, add taco seasoning. Cook until no longer pink. Drain. Pour Taco Sauce over crust, until it covers nice and thick like pizza sauce would on a pizza. Top with meat mixture, sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese.
3. Bake 4 to 5 more minutes until cheese is melted.
4. Serve with lettuce and tomatoes on top of each piece.
5. Garnish with Sour Cream or Green Goddess Salad Dressing drizzled over top.