I have sat at my computer and been moved to tears many many times this week. I will never be able to eloquently describe to you, the fear I battled, we battled, in our decision to obey the Lord’s calling to post our story, turned HIS. Our tragedy, turned triumph. I feared your rejection. I feared your comments, but guess what? Fear doesn’t come from God. My fear was unfounded. There has not been one negative comment on the blog, NOT ONE! From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
I know this has been a tough week for all of us. Reading has been heavy, but I thank you for sticking with me, and hope you will continue to do so for the duration of this series. Today, you get a break from it and can enjoy Weekend Potluck instead! Surviving Infidelity: Shattered Hearts, Broken Promises, will continue Monday-Thursday next week.
Love you all,
My family is not a big fan of Meatloaf! I never liked it either as a kid. In fact, the word Meatloaf still kinda gives me the heebie-jeebies!
Apparently, Paxton agrees with Momma. Poor kid, really didn’t care for these at first! Check out the watery eyes….and yes, he still had to eat it and soon realized he DID like it!
Anyhow, make Meatloaf into a Mini version, smother it in Nana’s Special Savory Sauce, and they’ll be gone in seconds!!!!! YUMMO! The whole family (well, except Pax) kept going “MMmmmm!” with every bite. That always makes me happy! 🙂 I say the sauce is what takes this dish over the top!
Tangy Mini Meatloaf with Savory Sauce
FOR THE MINI MEAT LOAVES:
- 2 cups Fresh Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs (or More To Get The Texture You Desire)
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- ¾ cups Carrot Shreds
- 1 whole Red Pepper
- ½ whole Large White Onion
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Yellow Mustard
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons BBQ Sauce
- 4 whole Garlic Cloves, Pressed
- 2 dashes Worcestershire
FOR THE SAVORY SAUCE:
- 11 ounces, fluid Can Of Tomato Soup
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- ¾ cups Brown Sugar
- ¼ cups White Vinegar
1. Make sauce by combining all listed ingredients. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 375*. Spray 2, 12 count muffin tins with non-stick spray. Use a food processor to pulse wheat bread for 2+ cups fresh bread crumbs. Pour into a large bowl along with raw meat.
3. Place carrots, onion and red pepper in the food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add to large bowl along with bread crumbs and meat.
4. Add egg, ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper, BBQ sauce, and garlic. Use hands to combine thoroughly, adding more bread crumbs as necessary. You are wanting the mix mixture to stay formed when you shape it in your hands.
5. Divide mixture into 24 balls. Dip each ball into sauce, coating all sides, and place in sprayed muffin tin. Press to form to muffin tin shape.
6. Wash hands and scrape any remaining sauce onto tops of mini meatloaves. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 160*.
Serve with Cheesy Ranch Potatoes and your favorite veggie!