I have sat at my computer and been moved to tears many many times this week. I will never be able to eloquently describe to you, the fear I battled, we battled, in our decision to obey the Lord’s calling to post our story, turned HIS. Our tragedy, turned triumph. I feared your rejection. I feared your comments, but guess what? Fear doesn’t come from God. My fear was unfounded. There has not been one negative comment on the blog, NOT ONE! From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
I know this has been a tough week for all of us. Reading has been heavy, but I thank you for sticking with me, and hope you will continue to do so for the duration of this series. Today, you get a break from it and can enjoy Weekend Potluck instead! Surviving Infidelity: Shattered Hearts, Broken Promises, will continue Monday-Thursday next week.
Love you all,
My family is not a big fan of Meatloaf! I never liked it either as a kid. In fact, the word Meatloaf still kinda gives me the heebie-jeebies!
Apparently, Paxton agrees with Momma. Poor kid, really didn’t care for these at first! Check out the watery eyes….and yes, he still had to eat it and soon realized he DID like it!
Anyhow, make Meatloaf into a Mini version, smother it in Nana’s Special Savory Sauce, and they’ll be gone in seconds!!!!! YUMMO! The whole family (well, except Pax) kept going “MMmmmm!” with every bite. That always makes me happy! :) I say the sauce is what takes this dish over the top!
FOR THE MINI MEAT LOAVES:
- 2 cups Fresh Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs (or More To Get The Texture You Desire)
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- ¾ cups Carrot Shreds
- 1 whole Red Pepper
- ½ whole Large White Onion
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Yellow Mustard
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons BBQ Sauce
- 4 whole Garlic Cloves, Pressed
- 2 dashes Worcestershire
FOR THE SAVORY SAUCE:
- 11 ounces, fluid Can Of Tomato Soup
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- ¾ cups Brown Sugar
- ¼ cups White Vinegar
1. Make sauce by combining all listed ingredients. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 375*. Spray 2, 12 count muffin tins with non-stick spray. Use a food processor to pulse wheat bread for 2+ cups fresh bread crumbs. Pour into a large bowl along with raw meat.
3. Place carrots, onion and red pepper in the food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add to large bowl along with bread crumbs and meat.
4. Add egg, ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper, BBQ sauce, and garlic. Use hands to combine thoroughly, adding more bread crumbs as necessary. You are wanting the mix mixture to stay formed when you shape it in your hands.
5. Divide mixture into 24 balls. Dip each ball into sauce, coating all sides, and place in sprayed muffin tin. Press to form to muffin tin shape.
6. Wash hands and scrape any remaining sauce onto tops of mini meatloaves. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 160*.
Serve with Cheesy Ranch Potatoes and your favorite veggie!
Now, on to Weekend Potluck, where Friends & Foodies meet and eat all weekend long!
Let’s take a quick peek back at last week…
The recipe with the most clicks was ~
Busy Day Chicken by 4 Little Fergusons
(Yay! Thank you all for clicking!!!!!!!) :)
Recipes that caught our attention ~
Snickers Cheesecake by The Joy of Caking
Cheesecake S’mores Danish by Inside BruCrew Life
If you were featured today, please feel free to grab the red “featured” button from my sidebar.
Your hosts ~
- 4 Little Fergusons ~ Tonya
- The Country Cook ~ Brandie
- Meet Penny ~ Tabitha
- The Better Baker ~ Marsha
- Sunflower Supper Club ~ Kim & Julie
Remember that when you link up, it shows on all FIVE blogs. Plus…
We TWEET. We PIN. We LIKE.
We want you to get as much exposure as possible so that your time here is well invested.
Over the last couple of weeks, we have not been able to feature certain recipes because they have not followed the linky guidelines. If you are unsure how to participate in a linky party, we recommend you take a look at the following video, courtesy of The Domestically Impaired Guide to the Retro Kitchen Arts.
Linky Guidelines: If you wish for us to promote your recipe or want to be a featured recipe, you must follow these instructions. Please link up to your exact post and not the main page to your blog. Also, LINK BACK HERE from your post so that others can find the fun. (Need help linking back? Read this.) You can use the button or a direct link within your post. If you have a recipe to share, please be sure that you are following ALL co-hosts (The Country Cook, 4 Little Fergusons, The Better Baker, Sunflower Supper Club, AND Meet Penny) by either RSS feed, Daily Email Digest, Facebook or Twitter. Thanks so much for participating!
Click on the link below to be taken to a whole new page of deliciousness!