I told you I was tired! Did you all see this recipe got posted YESTERDAY morning?! Opps. Guess you can consider that a sneak peek for today, the day I planned for this to be shared. Sorry about that!
So, it’s been a while since a “Keeper recipe” has had me SOO excited to share with you! The flavors in these tacos are OUTTA THIS WORLD! Add the Sesame Slaw to the top and…….
KAPOW! Party in your mouth!
Slow Cooker Korean Beef Tacos with Sesame Slaw
adapted from Becca at Crumbs & Chaos
FOR THE KOREAN BEEF:
- 4 pounds Beef Roast
- ½ cups Brown Sugar
- ⅓ cups Soy Sauce
- 10 whole Cloves Of Garlic (yes, I Said 10, Its Good And Healthy For You!)
- ½ cups Onion, Chopped
- 1 piece Of Fresh Ginger, Peeled And Grated, About 1 Inch In Size
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 whole Jalapeno, Seeded And Carefully Chopped
FOR THE SESAME SLAW:
- 3 cups Coleslaw Mix (The Kind With Carrots In It)
- ½ cups Green Pepper, Finely Chopped
- ¼ cups Snipped Cilantro
- 3 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons White Vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlic, Pressed
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Pepper
- 12 Whole-wheat Tortillas
Place the first 9 ingredients in your slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 9 hours. Shred and allow to sit in juices for the last 1-2 hours, leave lid off of slow cooker.
Before meat is done, combine in a medium bowl,coleslaw mix, chopped green pepper, cilantro, sesame oil, vinegar, garlic and seasonings. Allow to refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Serve shredded meat and slaw in a folded tortilla.
Dig in! Y-U-M