This is post 2 for today, be sure to scroll down to post one to meet sweet 2 year old, Miles!
I teasingly call my friend Brandie, from over at The Country Cook, “The Poke Cake Queen”. That girl has more delicious poke cakes on here site! I’ve got my eye on her Boston Cream Poke Cake next, mmmm!
I am a sucker for Coconut or anything Pina Colada-ish, so I knew I had to make this right away! I had everything on hand but the Cream of Coconut naturally, so sweet Dale stopped at the store for me on his way home from work!
by The Country Cook (tell Brandie Tonya says HI!)
- 1 box Cake Mix: White Or Golden Yellow
- Ingredients Listed On Cake Box: Usually Eggs, Oil And Water
- 15 ounces, fluid Can Of Cream Of Coconut (found In The Alcohol Aisle)
- 8 ounces, weight Cool Whip , Thawed
- 8 ounces, weight Sweetened, Flaked Coconut
Prepare and bake cake according to directions in a 9 x 13 pan. Remove cake from oven and while still hot, poke holes all over it with the end of a spoon.
Open your can of Cream of Coconut and stir well, pour evenly over entire cake. Chill cake for an hour, then spread with cool whip and sprinkle coconut over the top of all. Refrigerate until serving time for a minimum of 3 hours. It gets even BETTER, if you can wait overnight!