Before I go into our usual Friday routine of Flashing back to a recipe favorite, or sharing some yummies from Weekend Potluck, I just wanted to say……
I have the BEST Blog readers EVERRRRRRR.
You guys just fill me up, bless me with your notes, encouraging comments and keep me going when I want to quit.
Look what got delivered to my house yesterday:
Oh. My. Goodness.
A great big THANK YOU to two Mom’s of 4, Sara & Stephanie, who cared enough to brighten my day with these GORGEOUS flowers!
And the vase? One of my favorite colors in the whole wide world, and totally perfect for my kitchen decor!
Your thoughtful card was as lovely as the flowers!
Thank you so much for sending me sunshine, sweet friends! God bless you!
Now, on to Flashback Friday, where I re-feature a recipe from the archives, because some things are just worth repeating:
Today, we are flashing back to Tomato Basil Pasta Cream Sauce with Kielbasa Sausage & Mushrooms.
Say that title 10 times fast!
Your mouth will be too full of creamy, tomato-ey, delicious goodness. Didn’t your Momma teach you to never talk with your mouth full?!?!?!
This recipe was featured on PW’s Tasty Kitchen, and I know you are gonna love it too!
adapted from this recipe of my friend, Lark.
- ½ whole Onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Green Onions, Optional
- 5 cloves Garlic, Pressed
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 16 ounces, weight Sliced Mushrooms
- 1-½ pound Kielbasa Sausage, Sliced
- 24 ounces, weight Classico Spicy Tomato Basil Spaghetti Sauce (no Worries, It’s Not Spicy!)
- 2 cans Tomato Sauce, 15 Oz. Each
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- Cracked Pepper To Taste
- 4 whole Fresh Basil Leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig Rosemary, Snipped
- 1 pint Heavy Cream
- 4 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- ½ cups Cold Water
- 1 box Whole Wheat Linguini Pasta Noodles
In a large pot, melt butter. Add white onion, mushrooms and pressed garlic.
Add in the sliced sausage and cook until browned. Stir in green onions if using (I have excess in my garden right now, so I put g.onions in everything!)
Stir in salt, seasonings and sauces. Slice basil in thin strips and stir in. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Blend cold water and corn starch, then slowly stir into tomato sauce. Continue to stir as it heats and thickens. (about 20 minutes)
Cook pasta, rinse and drain while you wait.
Whisk in the heavy cream, turn burner to medium-low heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Ladle over noodles when ready to serve.
This dish is company worth and tastes like you worked WAAAAY harder than you did!
Now, let’s take a quick peek back at last week…
The recipe with the most clicks was ~
Cheeseburger Macaroni by Everyday Mom’s Meals
Recipes that caught our attention ~
Nanaimo Bars by Ginger Bakes
Deep Dish Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sundae by Crazy for Crust
And, a personal favorite ~
Taqueria Style Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken by That’s Some Good Cookin’
Your hostesses ~
- The Country Cook~ Brandie
- Meet Penny ~ Tabitha
- The Better Baker ~ Marsha
- Sunflower Supper Club ~ Kim & Julie
- Life As a Lofthouse ~ Holly
- 4 Little Fergusons~ Tonya
Remember that when you link up, it shows on all SIX blogs. Plus…
We TWEET. We PIN. We LIKE.
If you wish to be a featured recipe or for us to promote your recipe either on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest, you MUST follow these instructions.
- Please link up to your exact post and not the main page to your blog.
- LINK BACK HERE from your post so that others can find the fun. (Need help linking back? Read this or watch this great instructional video.) You can use the button below or a direct link within your post.
When you are kind enough to follow our guidelines, we work hard to get you as much exposure as possible so that your time here is well invested. We want this to be a fun and rewarding experience for everyone!
Click on the link below to be taken to a whole new page of deliciousness!