Butter sauteed Leeks give this soup incredible flavor, coupled with the smoky paprika and you have achieved Soup Heaven!!!
Smoky Potato & White Cheddar Cheese Soup
(adapted from a Pampered Chef recipe emailed to me)
- 2 whole Leeks, White And Light Green Parts Only
- 1 whole Onion, Roughly Chopped
- 5 whole Cloves Of Garlic, Pressed
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 teaspoons Smoky Paprika
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, Washed And Cubed
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cans Great Northern Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 2 cups Milk
- 8 ounces, weight Extra Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, Cubed
- Salt, Pepper And Garlic Powder, To Taste
- Chives, Smoked Paprika And Sour Cream For Garnish
1. Wash and cut leeks in half lengthwise and thinly slice crosswise.
2. In a large stock pot, melt butter and saute leeks, onion, and garlic until tender. Add cubed potatoes, cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly. Add chicken broth and cover, cooking for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Check to see if potatoes are fork tender. If so, proceed by adding drained beans and cooking a few minutes more.
3. Using your immersion blender, puree soup until few chunks remain.
4. Add milk and cheese cubes, stir and heat carefully through. You don’t want the soup to scorch or curdle, so keep your heat pretty low until soup is just simmering. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
5. Serve soup piping hot. Garnish with sour cream, chives and paprika.
Would be great served with some crusty french bread!
I am SO excited it’s SOUP season!!!! 🙂