This recipe was a hit at Avery’s birthday party Snack Supper last month. Bacon flavor dominates this dip, so no doing store-bought bacon pieces, you need the real deal. The whole peas inside the cream cheese, add a great flavor pop and crunch!
7 Layer Salad Dip
adapted from a Pampered Chef recipe
- 6 strips Bacon, Cooked And Chopped (do The Real Deal, No Bacon Bits!)
- 4 ounces, weight Colby Jack Cheese
- 3 whole Plum Tomatoes, Cubed
- 4 whole Green Onions, Sliced
- 16 ounces, weight Cream Cheese, Softened
- ¼ cups Mayonnaise
- 2 cloves Garlic, Pressed
- ¾ teaspoons Coarse Black Pepper
- 1-½ cup Frozen Peas, Thawed
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- 1 Loaf Of Whole Wheat Bread
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
Cook and chop bacon, set aside 3 Tablespoons. Cut up veggies, set aside.
Soften cream cheese, then stir in peas, cheese, green onions, mayo, garlic, salt and black pepper.
Line a medium bowl with saran wrap. Place 3 T. of bacon pieces in the bottom. Spread with 1/3 the cream cheese mixture, 1/2 the tomatoes and 1/2 the bacon. Repeat layers, ending with cream cheese. Press down and refrigerate until serving time.
Cut whole wheat french bread loaf into 1/4 inch slices, brush with olive oil and season with garlic powder. Bake at 350* for 8 minutes or until toasted.
Invert bowl, remove saran and place toasted bread around your amazing dip! Serve as a spread.
This post shared at