I am guest posting at Marathon Mom again today, and I will be sharing this delicious Amish Cheeseburger Soup recipe plus several more, come see me!
(Click recipe title for easy printable)
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 8 Tablespoons Butter, Divided
- 1-½ cup Carrots, Sliced or Roughly Chopped
- 1-½ cup Celery, Sliced
- 1 whole Small Onion Chopped
- Fresh Parsley, Snipped
- Basil, To Taste
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 8 cups Peeled And Cubed Potatoes
- ½ cups Flour
- 3 cups Milk
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces Velveeta or a more real cheese like 16 ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated is lovely
- 16 ounces, weight Sour Cream
In a skillet, cook ground beef and set aside. In a large stockpot, melt 2 tablespoons butter and saute carrots, celery, onion, parsley and basil. After 10 minutes, add the chicken broth and potatoes, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender.
In a saucepan, make your roux by melting the remaining butter. Add flour, salt and pepper to taste, and cook until bubbly, about a minute. Slowly, add milk and cook on medium, stirring constantly until thickened. Add to the broth and veggies. Turn the heat to low and add the cheese and beef. When the cheese is melted, stir in the sour cream. Taste and add more seasonings according to your liking.