I don’t know why this is called Angel chicken, but I will tell you, it will sure make your supper prep “Heavenly”, as you don’t even have to be bothered to thaw your chicken!
Is that the Hallelujah chorus I hear?!
This was one of those more quiet suppers, as everyone was too busy feeding their faces and saying Mmmmm, to visit much until AFTER their plate was emptied and refilled. I’d say that’s a SURE sign of a “Keeper”!
Slow Cooker Angel Chicken
- 6 whole Frozen Chicken Breasts
- 8 ounces, weight Fresh Button Mushroom Slices
- 8 ounces, weight Fresh Baby Bella Mushrooms, Sliced
- ¼ cups Butter
- 1 package (0.7 Oz) Italian Dry Seasoning Mix
- 10 ounces, weight Can Cream Of Mushroom With Roasted Garlic
- 10 ounces, fluid Tub Of Philly Italian Cheese And Herb Cooking Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch In A Splash Of Cold Water
- Brown Rice, Cooked
Spray a large slow cooker, then layer both kinds of mushrooms in the bottom, followed by frozen chicken breasts.
Add melted butter, soup, Italian dressing packet and Italian Cheese and Herb Cooking cream to the crock pot, stirring as you add.
Close lid and cook on low for 5 hours.
1 1/2 hours before serving time, make a batch of Baked Brown Rice.
Brown Rice Bake
1-½ cup Brown Basamati Rice
2 cups Chicken Broth
½ cups Water
½ teaspoons Salt
Preheat oven to 350*. Combine brown rice, chicken broth, water and salt in a 8×11 baking dish and cover tightly with foil. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes before removing foil and fluffing with fork.
Winner winner Chicken Dinner!