What does supper prep look like at your house? Mine pretty much looks the same every night.
This is what I see:
No matter how hard I try to have supper ready at a decent time, my babies….every blessed one of them….have picked 4:30-5:30 pm as “Fussy Time”. It doesn’t matter if I have done every lick of supper prep in the AM, or whether I’ve saved it all for 4:00. It doesn’t matter whether they’ve had a big snack or a little snack, no matter what……they cry and cling to my leg.
Thank God they outgrow it soon after the year mark, but MAN, until then….AHHHHHH! I want to pull my hair out.
Despite the crying urchin clinging to my leg, I was able to make this yummy supper for us last night.
My mom made this all the time when we were kids, and I LOVED it! Especially the crunchy potato sticks you get to put on top. This is such an easy salad to throw together in the morning for a delicious supper on the fly. We love to serve it with fresh corn on the cob!
POTATO STICK CHICKEN SALAD
- 4 cups Cubed Cooked Seasoned Chicken
- 1 bunch Celery, Finely Diced
- 10 ounces, weight Package Carrot Shreds (I Take Out 1 Handful As I Feel The Whole Package Is Too Much Otherwise)
- 6 Tablespoons Sweet Pickle Relish
- 2 cups Frozen Peas, Thawed
- Miracle Whip, Just Enough To Moisten
- Garlic Powder, Salt And Pepper To Taste
- Dill, To Taste, Optional
- 7 ounces, weight Container Of French Fried Shoestring Potato Sticks
Mix together all of the listed ingredients except potato sticks, adding just enough Miracle Whip to moisten it to your taste. Refrigerate until serving time, this will keep great overnight as well.
Serve the salad topped with potato sticks in individual bowls.
Summer’s over, and fall foods are just around the corner, so you better make this quick!