I have to give credit to TWO of my blogging buddies for this delicious supper! I knew these recipes were a match made in Heaven. I tweaked them to fit our taste buds and viola, a new Asian dish for you to enjoy!
I give you Asian Honey Sesame Marinade from Kate at Venison for Dinner, and Quick Lo Mein from Krista at Everyday Mom’s Meals.
Asian Honey Sesame Chicken with Quick Lo Mein
- FOR THE CHICKEN MARINADE:
- * * * * * *
- 5 pounds Boneless Chicken Thighs
- ¾ cups Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Ginger, Grated
- 5 cloves Garlic, Pressed
- For The Lo Mein:
- * * * * * *
- 16 oz Asian or ramen noodles from ethnic section
- Olive oil to stir fry
- ½ pounds Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 whole Carrot, Sliced Or Shredded
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 c Snow peas
- ¼ cups Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Teryaki Sauce
- 4 T Sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper (less If You Don’t Like Heat)
- 3 whole Green Onions, Sliced
For chicken marinade:
Mix together all ingredients and pour over chicken in an air tight container. Turn every 12 hours.
BBQ on medium high for 20 minutes, turning half way. Keep warm until serving time.
For the Quick Lo Mein:
Prepare noodles, rinse.
In a large skillet, heat 3 T. olive oil and 1 T. sesame oil. Carefully add broccoli, red pepper. Wait to tenderize partway, before adding sliced mushrooms, green onions and carrots, sauteing until they are all tender crisp.
Place spaghetti in a large bowl, coat in soy sauce, teryaki, sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Toss gently. Serve chicken over a bed of low mein.