Thank you for all your sweet birthday messages! I was so blessed to log into my email at the end of the day to find 190-some birthday messages awaiting me. Made my day! 30 doesn’t feel a bit different from 29, guess I was already feeling old and tired? 🙂 Like Dale always says, the number 30 doesn’t make you old, it’s the 4 young children that take care of that!!!!!
On to food, one of my favorite topics, you are going to love this one!
This salad is so colorful and unique! Plus, it tastes amazing!
- 8-½ ounces, weight Package Corn Muffin Mix
- 10 slices Bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces, weight Sour Cream
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 ounce, weight Packet Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
- 3 whole Large Tomatoes, Chopped
- 15 ounces, weight Can Pinto Beans, Drained
- 15 ounces, weight Can Black Beans, Drained
- 2 cans Corn, Drained (15 Ounce Cans)
- 1 cup Chopped Red Pepper
- ½ cups Chopped Green Onion
- ⅓ bunches Cilantro, Snipped
- 2 cups Shredded Colby-jack Cheese
When it’s done, cool and crumble. Set aside.
Cook and crumble bacon, set aside.
Combine sour cream, Miracle Whip and dressing mix, set aside.
Combine tomatoes, beans, corn, peppers, onions and snipped cilantro; set aside.
In a 9×13 glass dish, layer half of the crumbled corn bread, half of the bean mixture, half the bacon and 1 cup of cheese. Spread with half of the dressing mixture. Next, spread remaining bean mixture, bacon, dressing, cheese and end with remaining Cornbread crumbles. Cover and chill.