This fresh-tasting stir-fry is sure to please both mom and the kiddos. Colorful veggies to make mom happy, and fun, squiggly ramen noodles are sure to make every kids slurpy-noodle dreams come true!
- 3 T. Olive oil
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Thinly Sliced
- 1 piece (about 1-inch Size) Fresh Ginger Root, Finely Diced
- 2 cups Water
- 2 packages (3 Oz. Size) Chicken-Flavored Ramen Noodles, Broken Into Pieces
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets, Fresh Or Frozen, Thawed
- 1-½ cup Carrot Shreds
- 1 whole Red Pepper, Cut Into 1/2 Inch Strips
- 3 whole Green Onions, Sliced
- 1 whole Lemon, Zest And Juice, Divided Use
- Optional: 2 additional Ramen Packets and chicken broth
Cut red bell pepper into 1/2 inch strips. Slice green onions. Zest a whole lemon. Cut chicken into thin strips.
Heat oil in a very large skillet over medium heat until hot, then add chicken and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, stirring often to brown evenly. Add finely chopped ginger root, wait 30 seconds, then add water, and bring to a boil. Add noodles that have been broken into pieces, stirring until starting to soften and break apart. Add seasoning packets from Ramen noodles, reduce heat. Add broccoli and carrots, simmer 3 minutes until noodles are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. At this point, add bell pepper, green onions and lemon zest. Just heat through, do not over cook!
Drizzle with fresh lemon juice before serving.
We serve 7 people at dinner time, now that Papa Don usually joins us, so to make this dish go further, I cooked 2 more packages of Ramen noodles, draining the water, then seasoning with 1 of the 2 included packets. This step is optional, but great for feeding a bigger crowd!
*If you are worried about sodium content, simply boil the extra Ramen in chicken broth, drain and stir into stir fry mixture to stretch it, skipping the included packets.
Enjoy this taste of Sunshine on a dreary day!