I LOVE funky recipes and this one given to me by a family friend, totally fits the bill!
Take a regular ol’ ham and swiss sandwich dump on a bunch of seasonings and 2, yes I said TWO sticks of butter, throw some french fried onions on top for crunch and bake until melty.
OH MY YUMMY GOODNESS!
Marinated Ham & Swiss Rolls
(click for easy printable)
- 8 whole Large Potato Bread Buns
- 1 pound Ham Slices
- ½ pounds Sliced Swiss Cheese
- 2 sticks Of Butter (you can do one if this freaks you out to much, there was a lot of butter liquid on the bottom)
- 3 teaspoons Ground Mustard
- 3 teaspoons Poppy Or Sesame Seeds
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 teaspoons Diced Onions
- 1 6 oz. container French’s French Fried Onions
Split the rolls in half and layer the bottom halves in a baking dish. Top with ham and swiss cheese. Put the top half of the roll on. Bring butter, mustard, poppy seeds, onion and worcestershire sauce to near boil. Pour evenly over rolls. Sprinkle with french fried onions.
Bake at 350* for 15 minutes or slightly browned and heated through.
Serve with raw veggies and fruit.