This is so yummy and comes together really easily!
- 10 whole Lasagna Noodles (I Did 5 Wheat & 5 Spinach)
- 16 ounces, fluid Jar Alfredo Sauce
- 24 ounces, fluid Meatless Spaghetti Sauce
- 4 ounces, weight Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1-½ cup Shredded Swiss
- 2 cups Freshly Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil, Divided
- 8-12 whole Chicken Breasts, Marinated In Italian Dressing & grilled (depends on your crowd size: figure 1 breast per person, plus 2 for inside the lasagna rolls)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Send hubby out to the BBQ to grill the Italian dressing marinated chicken, seasoning to taste, and discarding marinade.
Boil your lasagna noodles in a large pot. Cook according to package directions. Drain and then place lasagna noodles on a clean cutting board.
In a large bowl mix garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. basil, parmesan cheese, swiss shreds, and cream cheese spread. Mix. Pour in alfredo sauce and mix all together well. By this time, hubs should be in with your beautifully grilled chicken breasts, pull 2 of them, cube them & add to alfredo mixture.
Keep remaining breasts warm until dinner.
Pour one cup of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 2 quart rectangle baking dish. Spread chicken alfredo mixture onto one lasagna noodle about 2/3 of the way up. Roll noodle up and place in dish. Repeat with all remaining noodles. Cover with remaining spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with freshly shredded mozzarella cheese and remaining 1/2 tsp. basil.
Bake, uncovered for 25-30, or until hot & bubbly.
Serve with remaining chicken breasts and sautéed veggies.
So, I had NOTHING on hand to make a salad, like I typically choose to make with an Italian-type meal, so we did sautéed veggies instead. I had mushrooms, and peppers and onions, so I sautéed them in butter and seasoned them with Italian seasonings.
I have to tell you, it was the PERFECT flavor to compliment this dinner, and forget the salad, this meal will be served with those veggies from now on!
Look at all this cheesy gooey goodness! What a great side dish……